One of Sydney’s favourite macaron bakeries is moving to Surry Hills. Keep reading to find out how you could win a Macaron Prize Pack worth $50!
MakMak Macarons, Sydney’s leading macaron and dessert company, has shifted its headquarters to Surry Hills after six years on King Street, Newtown. The new outlet will have its Grand Opening on Monday 18th December 2017 at 11am.
Located at 272 Cleveland St, a stone’s throw to Prince Alfred Park and Belvoir St Theatre, MakMak’s new two-storey space includes a reimagined retail area showcasing Sydney’s best macarons alongside the company’s other award-winning products including the 36-Hour Chocolate Chip Cookie, custom-made cakes and seasonal desserts. The Surry Hills outlet also features an entire floor dedicated to macaron-making classes and other pastry-related education sessions as well as a production space where thousands of macarons are painstakingly made by hand every week.
MakMak’s Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Carlos Heng, said improving customer experience played a major role in the move. “I wanted to allow customers to step into the shop and see first-hand how our macarons are made; the new Surry Hills space offers this and more.
“A bricks and mortar store experience allows customers to see, smell, feel, and taste our products; and even learn the art of making macarons in our classes,” Heng said.
The expansive new two-storey outlet will allow MakMak to significantly expand its macaron class schedule and explore other creative ventures including art exhibitions, Japanese tea ceremonies and illustration classes.
To celebrate the Surry Hills opening, MakMak will launch an all-new Christmas range of macarons: a re-interpretation of the classic Christmas sweets of Gingerbread, White Christmas and Candy Cane; Mini 36h Choc Chip Cookies and these cute as a baby Macaron Xmas Trees. The Christmas range is available online now and in-store from 18 December 2017.
You could win a selection of MakMak’s decadent desserts and treats to the value of AU$50.00. Hurry, entries close 5pm Tuesday 19 December
- Competition opened to Sydney residents only.
- Follow @brendonthesmilingchef + @makmakmacarons on Instagram.
- Answer the following question by commenting either in the Comments section at BrendonTheSmilingChef.com (scroll to the bottom of this page) or the Insta Post at @brendonthesmilingchef: “Which MakMak macaron or dessert would you like chow down on Christmas Day and why?” Check out the full range here.
- The most creative answer will win. Entries close 5pm Tuesday 19 December, 2017. Winner will be drawn on Wednesday 20 December, 2017, at 11am and will be contacted directly.
- Prize collection: Winner must be able to accept free delivery within the MakMak Macaron delivery radius – See T’s&C’s here – or, may collect their prize by pickup at the MakMak store, located at 272 Cleveland St, Surry Hills.
Check out more of my exciting Christmas recipes and stories here.
Happy Cooking and Keep Smiling,