I have some special news to share. I was recently nominated for The Liebster Award by the lovely Laura from THE SEASONED TRAVELER. If you have the chance, stop by at her blog to check out her great Christmas recipes. The rules of the award are as follows:
- Nominees must link back to the person who nominated them.
- Nominees must answer the 10 questions that are given by the nominator (see below).
- Nominee must nominate 10 other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
- Nominees must create 10 questions for the new nominees to answer (see below).
- Visit the nominees’ blogs and notify them about the nomination.
I’m delighted to share with you all the following blogs, which have been put together with such passion and dedication:
Liebster Q & A:
1. What do you love about blogging? The freedom to post what you like because you are the owner. Also the ability to connect with many in your field.
2. Sweet or Savory? I’m definitely a sweet-tooth if you haven’t already guessed. I eat cake for breakfast (that is, when I’ve made one).
3. Who do you hope to reach through your blog? People interested in food and photography. I put together this blog as a portfolio of my work so I hope to connect with professionals in the media and publishing fields.
4. Who do you admire and why? My family and friends always surprise me and encourage me to be the best I can be. Jamie Oliver: His “Naked Chef” series got me interested in cooking, I love his fun and creative style of cooking. Adriano Zumbo: The real-life Willy Wonka. Pope Francis: The leader of my Church who truly lives in the way that Christ taught.
5. If you could trade lives with someone for a day, who would it be and why? I’ll have to think about it…I think I’m in a very good place right now so I’m very happy. If I’ve ever desired something more for my life I’ve always tried extremely hard to get myself there.
6. Where do you dream of traveling? I’d love to return to Bologna, Italy. New York, around Australia, South Africa.
7. What’s #1 on your bucket list? Skydiving!
8. How long have you been blogging? A year and three months. It took a while to get things running but it’s been awesome.
9. What is your favorite post you’ve written and why? A collection of recipes that I put together around October/November 2013 on Sweet and Savoury Tarts. It was probably the biggest shoot I’d ever done. I contributed the recipe for Grapeshot Magazine, which I section-edit, and I got to work with two of my closest friends Rosemarie Cruz and Julie Flestado. We spent a whole afternoon playing around with a picnic theme and having lots of fun.
10. What is your favorite quote? My favourite quote to this day has to be Pope Francis’ comment;
“A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: ‘Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?’ We must always consider the person … In life, God accompanies persons, and we must accompany them, starting from their situation.” “God in creation has set us free: it is not possible to interfere spiritually in the life of a person.”
Before that, because it was so outrageously funny, it was Mrs. Weasley’s quote;
“RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR? I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER’S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, AND IT’S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT. IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE’LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! — Oh, and Ginny dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor, your father and I are so proud.”